Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A CONTRARY

There was this book in the Philippines entitled "Lovestruck"  which my girlfriend read to me a certain paragraph, which got me not only disturbed and alarmed by the falsities it spreads among its readers (which are mostly teenagers), but also a contrast to what God teaches.


The summary of the paragraph suggests that "Good works are like dirty rugs wiped across the floor in front of God." 


How could this be, since in the epistle of St. James, Chapter 2, verses 17-19, says:


 "17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
 18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
   Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds. 19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder"?


See? FAITH, WITHOUT WORKS, IS DEAD!


Furthermore, DEMONS BELIEVE IN ONE GOD. How can DEMONS do GOOD WORKS?


The works condemned by Jesus is the ones without faith; the work of the Pharisees praying, fasting, and giving alms so that men may see and give them praise. Those aren't good works but hypocrisy.


The author should've clarified this, because it might spread wrong belief among the "not-so-Bible-reading" age group, or earn more criticisms.


But all in all, I commend the author of "Lovestruck." My girlfriend and I learned so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment